Melrose High School Senior Internship Project
Internships will span from April 3rd to May 24th, 2018
Seniors that meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below may apply to participate in an internship during the fourth quarter. An approved internship allows students to be released from some or all of their classes in order to pursue an alternative educational experience. The program will be graded for successful completion of the outlined responsibilities and obligations. All senior paper requirements must be met in accordance with the individual English teacher’s prescribed deadlines. Students enrolled in AP courses are expected to keep up with the class work and take the AP exam while participating in the internship program. Students not meeting the deadlines for their senior paper will be pulled from their internship and will return to classes and will be responsible for all missed work. Students not meeting deadlines for Internship may be pulled from the program as well, and will be responsible for all missed work.
Interested students must submit the completed application to an Assistant Principal on or before March 13th, 2018.
- 60% or higher overall average grade for the year in all classes as of the end of the 3rd quarter
- Community Service requirement fulfilled before the packet is submitted
- Parent or guardian approval
- Teacher approval (*Specific attention paid to student progress on the Senior Paper in English)
- School attendance, as defined in the MHS Student Handbook, must be satisfactory for all class
Senior Internship Forms
|Senior Internship Information Packet||Senior Internship-Student Packet|
|Senior Internship Application||Senior Internship-Application|
|Senior Internship Employer Letter||Senior Internship-Employer Letter|
Senior Internship Responsibilities and Obligations
- Obtain an appropriate internship location/employer.
- Obtain parental permission.
- Identify an internship sponsor (supervisor) at that location.
- Submit completed internship application to an Assistant Principal on or before March 13th.
- Have a conversation with every teacher which includes;
- Course requirements
- Attendance during internship if applicable (note: teacher and student must agree on process for completing an AP course and send an e-mail to the student with a CC to Cari Berman documenting this agreement, [email protected]).
- Complete necessary journals and papers on time throughout the internship.
- Complete weekly log of daily activities.
- Complete weekly writing prompt.
- Complete weekly time log (30 hours per week/average).
- Attend Internship Meeting on Tuesday, March 20th , during Advisory/FLEX in MHS Cafe.
- Internship Fair Presentation Friday, May 25th 12:45-2:11, MHS Cafe:
- Prepare to answer questions
- Prepare a visual aid (poster, presentation on laptop/tablet, images, etc.)
Students must attend and present at the Internship Fair to receive a passing grade.